Join our team!
Are you passionate about gender and feminism? Do you enjoy writing, creating original content, doing outreach or graphic design? Are you keen to shape a newly founded feminist organisation? Keep reading!
About THIS IS GENDERED
THIS IS GENDERED is the first feminist online encyclopedia. Inspired by the claim “everything is political”, we claim that everything is gendered. In A-Z order, we describe the gendered aspects of institutions, histories, technologies, designs and social practices that make up our world. Visit the website on www.thisisgendered.org.
The encyclopedia is created to facilitate and normalise conversations about feminism and gender. These topics can be abstract and complex. We make them concrete, tangible and relatable. Our target audience ranges from people who are unfamiliar with (intersectional) feminism, to those with a thorough background in feminist theory and activism.
Who we’re looking for:
1-3 New team members who are keen to spread knowledge about gender and feminism in a fun and accessible way! As we will work on a project-basis over the next year, we are keen to find people with experience with graphic design, experience or interest in creating reels and live content, experience with publishing and/or with grant applications for similar projects. Other applications will also be considered and are highly encouraged. We encourage people or all genders and backgrounds to apply.
Tasks may include:
- Entry writing and editing
- Graphic design
- Creating social media content, including reels and live videos
- Reaching out to likeminded people and organisations
- Seek out funding opportunities
- Seek out relevant publishing houses and platforms
- Contributing to the newsletter
- Website or other forms of coding
- SEO and/or SEM
- An interest in intersectional feminism
- Familiarity with THIS IS GENDERED’s mission and work
- Good working knowledge of English (knowledge of additional languages is an asset)
- Previous experience in activism is an advantage but not a necessity
- Genuine interest in and/or experience with one of the tasks listed
What we offer
- The opportunity to shape a newly started organisation
- A network of NGOs, activists, scholars and grassroots projects working on gender and feminism
- A great deal of responsibility and trust that translates into solid experience with writing/publishing, outreach and social media or other project work
- A close working relationship with a small, friendly, young and motivated team
How to apply?
- Send your CV and cover letter of max. 600 words to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your motivation to work with us, as well as how you are motivated to contribute to the team and any relevant experience. Please mention ‘APPLICATION TEAM MEMBER’ in the subject line of your email.
- Submit an entry as your writing sample through our online form. Writing guidance can be found here. Alternatively, provide a short non-academic writing sample or examples of other types of work (i.e. graphic design, social media content or similar).
- Deadline: Monday, November 28th, 23:59 CEST.
Note that this is for the moment a voluntary position. We will speak to candidates in December and aim for new members to start in January.